We’re Hiring: Web & Graphic Designer Wanted!
MamaMikes is looking for a team player to fulfill the responsibilities of graphic and web design.
Most important to this position is having artistic sensibility. There is no substitute for artistic sensibility. Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition, is important for the work required.
MamaMikes is an e-commerce company started in 2001. Our service is enjoyed by many especially Kenyans living in the Diaspora. We offer our customers a way to buy gifts for family and friends in Kenya and Uganda.
- You will be responsible for the front-end designs of MamaMikes new website. With attention to the graphics, typography, layout and color scheme.
- You will work with web developers on the team to develop visuals such as logos, layouts color schemes and buttons.
- Work with marketing team to create online advertising using: online banners, email-newsletters (using mailchimp), google-ad banners and facebook flyers
- Manage the branding of MamaMikes website and related web properties: MamaMikes blog and MamaMikes pages on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Pinterest
- Develop graphical ads of MamaMikes current offerings for social media, MamaMikes website, email newsletters and print advertisements
- Photography – Support the photography department in the production of quality images of MamaMikes offerings
- Online Videos – Support the development of MamaMikes video delivery service
- Brainstorming – Work with the team in managing a promotional calendar of events
- Company branding – be responsible for branding on business cards, office stationery, t/shirts, delivery bags, gift wrapping and presentation materials
- Help compile and analyze Google analytic reports.
A passion for online retail
- Must have a passion for retail and making customers happy.
- You will participate in business development, including e-mail newsletters, event planning, customer communication, member referral programs, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with popular online culture and market trends
Experience with web design
Able to understand and create content specification and design guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and design direction
- Fluency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & Flash
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, pay-per-click advertising, etc.
- Familiarity with all common web browsers: IE, FireFox, Chrome and Safari
Please contact us if this job is for you!
& share your portfolio